- online registration is mandatory for this event. students please register yourself and your guests using the rsvp button below.
- registration opens tuesday, august 6, 2019, and is available below.
- confirmation of your attendance at this event is required by monday, september 2, 2019.
- space is limited for this event to two guests per first-year student.
- additional tickets may be requested when registering for the event. first-year students who request additional tickets will be contacted by monday, august 26, 2019 if there is additional space available for more guests.
arrival and parking
- all students should arrive by 1:30 p.m. and go directly to the vanstone lecture hall in the st. jerome’s academic centre to check-in
- guests should arrive by 1:45 p.m. and go directly to the humanities theatre in hagey hall, located on the university of waterloo campus.
- for students living off campus, parking is available on campus at the university of waterloo. parking is available in lot h (located directly in front of hagey hall) or in lot c (located across university avenue).
- once you arrive, you will be given instructions regarding your gown, procession, and the class and house photos.
- upon arrival at 1:30 p.m. students will receive information about gown pick up/drop off, the procession and the group photo. academic gowns are on loan to our first-year students free of charge for this event. dresses, dress pants, dress shirts, and ties are good choices to wear as they may appear under your gown.
- students are asked to leave flowers, purses, phones, backpacks or other personal items with family members before going to the theatre, as they are not permitted to be carried into the orientation investiture ceremony.
- a professional photographer will be present during and following the event to capture the ceremony and family photos in the academic centre. a class photo will be taken following the ceremony. digital copies of photos will be provided to all students for their own use following the ceremony. information regarding access to these photos will be sent to your uwaterloo.ca email address.
- students attending the orientation investiture ceremony will process as a class back to st. jerome’s university following the ceremony. once gowns have been returned, you are welcome to connect with your guests and attend the reception taking place in the academic centre at st. jerome’s university.