mandate and scope
through a consultative and collaborative process, the working group will engage the st. jerome’s university community in preparatory work required for the development of a comprehensive university edi action plan. the working group’s scope should focus on five areas within the university:
- hiring systems and practices
- curriculum and programs
- outreach, recruiting, and marketing
- campus culture
general duties and responsiblities
the general duties and responsibilities of this working group are the following:
- consult with and seek feedback from students, faculty, and staff, as well as other key external stakeholder groups on current edi initiatives and practices.
- identify strengths and unique challenges related to edi at sju.
- compile meaningful and measurable data, which will be used in formulating success indicators.
- conduct an environmental survey of promising edi practices in other universities.
- submit a final report to the president containing recommendations that will form the basis of an sju edi action plan.
- cristina vanin, (interim) vice president academic and dean (co-chair)
- mike gourlay, executive director of finance and administration (co-chair)
- veronica austen, associate dean
- michelle watson, director of human resources
- john arnou, (acting) director, student affairs
- martha fauteux, director, campus ministry
- sue brubacher, director, enrolment and upper year transition
- two faculty members (elected by sju full-time faculty and cas) - carm desantis, denise whitehead
- three student members (appointed in consultation with the sju students' union) - eve astolfi, jenny fu, leslie moss
the working group should aim to complete its work on or before december 31, 2020.